I. Priority areas for improving the system of state and public construction
II. Priority areas for ensuring the rule of law and further reforming of the judicial system
1.1. Further strengthening the role of Oliy Majlis, political parties in deepening the democratic reforms and modernization of the country:
- strengthening the role of the Oliy Majlis in government system, further expansion of its powers in resolving the most important tasks of internal and foreign policy, and implementing the parliamentary control over the executive;
- improving the quality of legislative activity aimed at strengthening the influence of laws to the course of socio-political, socio-economic, legal and judicial reforms;
- development of the political system, strengthening the role of political parties in public life and society, formation of political competition among them.
1.2. Reforming the government system:
- reforming of public administration and public service through decentralization, skills enhancing, material and social protection of civil servants, as well as the gradual reduction of state regulation of the economy;
- introduction of modern mechanisms of state-private partnership aimed at improving the effectiveness of mutually beneficial cooperation in the implementation of tasks of socio-political and socio-economic development of the country;
- ensuring transparency of government bodies, introduction of modern forms of information concerning the rights, freedoms and lawful interests of individuals and legal entities;
- improvement of E-Government system, increasing efficiency, quality of and access to public services for the population and businesses.
1.3. Improving public management system:
- introduction of effective mechanisms for dialogue with the people;
- development of modern forms of public control, increasing the efficiency of social partnership;
- development of civil society institutions, enhancing their social and political activity;
- increasing the significance and effectiveness of activities of the institute of mahalla in public management;
- strengthening the role of the mass media, protection of journalists’ professional activities.
III. Priority areas of economic development and liberalization
2.1. Ensuring true independence of the judiciary, increasing the authority of courts, democratization and improvement of the judicial system:
- raising the status, rates of material incentives and social protection of judges and court staff, strengthening of material and technical base of courts;
- taking effective measures to prevent unlawful influence on judges;
- full implementation of the principles of independence and impartiality of the court, equal and adversary nature of the judicial process;
- wider application of Habeas Corpus, strengthening of judicial control over investigation;
- further specialization of courts, strengthening of their staff;
- introduction of modern ICTs in the activities of courts.
2.2. Providing guarantees of protection of rights and freedoms of citizens:
- timely consideration of citizens’ appeals, ensuring the inevitability of punishment for allowing procrastination, bureaucracy and indifference to the consideration of appeals, as well as taking all necessary measures to restore the violated rights;
- guaranteeing protection of civil rights and freedoms in the activities of judicial, law enforcement and regulatory authorities;
- strengthening the guarantees of the right for private property;
- ensuring unhindered access to justice;
- improving the efficiency of enforcement of judicial acts and acts of other bodies.
2.3. Improving the administrative, criminal, civil and commercial law:
- improvement and liberalization of criminal and criminal procedural legislation, decriminalization of certain criminal acts, humanization of criminal penalties, and the order of their execution;
- improving the efficiency and quality of justice, improvement of procedural bases on of administrative, criminal, civil and economic justice;
- improvement of procedure of consideration of criminal, civil and commercial cases, reducing duplication of powers and authorities;
- introduction of modern forms and methods of e-proceedings and enforcement proceedings.
2.4. Improving the system of combating and prevention of crime:
- improving the efficiency of coordination of combating and prevention of crime;
- strengthening of organizational and practical measures to fight religious extremism, terrorism and other forms of organized crime;
- improvement of organizational and legal mechanisms for combating corruption and improving the efficiency of anti-corruption measures;
- improving the legal culture and legal awareness of the population, organization of effective cooperation of state structures and civil society institutions, the mass media in this area.
2.5. Further strengthening of the rule of law in the judicial system:
- effective planning and analysis of the results of the work of law enforcement and regulatory authorities, to identify and eliminate the causes and conditions of system violations;
- improving the system of training, recruitment, retraining and advanced training, rotation of the judiciary, law enforcement and regulatory authorities;
- introduction of modern mechanisms of institutional control on the prevention, suppression and prevention of crime among law enforcement and regulatory authorities;
- improving the efficiency of mechanisms of public control over the law enforcement and regulatory authorities’ activities, the strengthening of public confidence in the law enforcement system.
2.6. Improving the system of legal aid and legal services:
- improving the efficiency of the legal services of public authorities;
- development of the legal profession, enhancing the role of a lawyer in criminal, civil, administrative and economic cases;
- reforming the system of notaries and registry offices.
IV. Priorities in development of the social area
3.1. Further strengthening of the macroeconomic stability and the maintenance of high rates of economic growth:
- ensuring high growth rates of gross domestic product through maintaining macroeconomic balance, deepening of structural and institutional reforms through implementation of medium-term programs;
- ensuring balanced state budget at all levels while maintaining social orientation of expenses, improvement of inter-budgetary relations, aimed at strengthening the revenue part of local budgets;
- further improvement of monetary policy using instruments in accordance with best international practices, and gradual introduction of modern market mechanisms of monetary regulation, ensuring the stability of the national currency;
- continuing the line of reducing the tax burden and simplifying the tax system, improving tax administration and expanding the incentive measures;
- reforming and improving the stability of the banking system, the level of capitalization and the deposit base of banks and strengthening their financial stability and reliability, expansion of lending to promising investment projects, as well as small and medium enterprises;
- expansion of the volume of insurance, leasing and other financial services through introduction of new types and improving the quality; development of financial markets as an alternative source of capital attraction and investment by enterprises, financial institutions and the public;
- expanding international cooperation, including with leading international and foreign financial institutions, continuation of prudent external borrowing policy, effective use of foreign investments and loans;
3.2. Improving the competitiveness of the national economy through deepening of structural reforms, modernization and diversification of its leading industries:
- ensuring balance and stability of the national economy, increasing the share of industry, services sector, small and private entrepreneurship in its structure;
- implementation of active investment policy aimed at modernization, technical and technological renovation of production, implementation of production, transport-communications and social infrastructure projects;
- further modernization and diversification of the industry through upgrading to a new qualitative level, aimed at development of high-tech industries, primarily for the production of finished products with high added value on the basis of deep processing of local raw materials;
- creation of a competitive environment for industries and gradual reduction of the monopoly at commodity and services markets;
- promotion of production of new types of products and technologies, thereby ensuring the competitiveness of domestic products in foreign and local markets;
- continuation of policy aimed at encouraging local production and import substitution, especially of consumer goods and components, boosting inter-sectoral industrial cooperation;
- reducing energy consumption and resource intensity of the economy, widespread introduction in the production of energy-saving technologies, increased use of renewable energy sources, increasing productivity in the economy;
- creating new and improving the efficiency of existing free economic zones, technoparks, small industrial zones;
- accelerated development of services sector, increasing the role and share of services in the gross domestic product, fundamental change in the structure of services, primarily due to modern high-tech services;
- accelerated development of the tourism industry, enhancing its role and contribution to the economy, diversification and improving the quality of tourist services, upgrading of tourism infrastructure;
- liberalization and simplification of export activity, diversification of the structure and geography of exports, expansion and mobilization of the export potential of industries and territories;
- further development of road transport infrastructure, introduction of ICTs in the economy, social area, administration system
3.3. Modernization and intensive development of agriculture:
- deepening of structural reforms and rapid development of agricultural production, further strengthening of food security of the country, expansion of production of eco-friendly products, significant increase of export potential of the agricultural sector;
- further optimization of the sown areas, aimed at reducing the acreage of cotton and cereal crops, planting on released lands of potatoes, vegetables, forage and oilseeds, as well as new intensive gardens and vineyards;
- encouraging and creation of favorable conditions for the development of farms, especially the multidisciplinary ones, involved both in agricultural production and processing, preparation, storage, marketing, construction works and provision of services;
- implementation of investment projects on construction of new, reconstruction and modernization of existing processing plants, equipped with the most modern high-tech equipment for more advanced processing of agricultural products, production of semi-finished and finished food products, as well as packaging products;
- further expansion of infrastructure for storage, transportation and sale of agricultural products, provision of agro-chemical, financial and other modern market services
- further improvement of irrigated lands, development of the network of reclamation and irrigation facilities, widespread introduction in agricultural production of intensive methods, especially modern water- and resource-saving agricultural technologies, using of high-performance agricultural machinery;
- expansion of research and development aimed at creation and introduction of new breeding crop varieties and animal breeds with high productivity, resistant to diseases and pests, and adapted to local soil and climatic and environmental conditions;
- adoption of systemic measures to mitigate the negative impact of global climate change and the drying out of the Aral Sea to the development of agriculture and the livelihoods of people.
3.4. Continuing the institutional and structural reforms aimed at reducing the state’s presence in the economy, further strengthening the protection of rights and priority role for private property, encouraging the development of small business and private entrepreneurship:
- ensure reliable protection of the rights and guarantees for private property, removing of all barriers and limitations, providing complete freedom for the development of private entrepreneurship and small business, implementation of the principle, “If people are rich, then the state will also be rich and powerful”;
- creating a favorable business environment for the development of small business and private entrepreneurship, strict suppression of unlawful interference of government, regulatory and law enforcement authorities in the activities of business entities;
- further expansion and simplification of procedures for the privatization of state owned assets, reduction of the state’s participation in the authorized funds of economic entities, creation of favorable conditions for the development of private enterprise on the basis of privatized state assets;
- improving the investment climate, active attraction to the economy and regions of foreign investment, especially foreign direct investment;
- introduction of modern international standards and corporate governance, strengthening the role of shareholders in the strategic management of enterprises;
- improvement of the mechanism and simplification of procedures for connecting businesses to engineering networks;
- reducing the state’s role in the regulation of social and economic development, decentralization and democratization of the public administration system, expansion of public-private partnerships, enhancing the role of non-governmental organizations and local authorities.
3.5. Integrated and balanced socio-economic development of regions, districts and cities, the optimum and efficient use of their potential:
- ensuring integrated and efficient use of natural, mineral-raw materials, industrial, agricultural, tourism and employment potential of each region to accelerate socio-economic development, creation of jobs and raising income of the population;
- reduction of differentiation in the level of socio-economic development of territories by expanding the scope of modernization and diversification of the economy of territories, accelerated development of the relatively backward territories and municipalities, primarily through increasing their trade and export capacity;
- active development of small cities and towns by creating in them of new plants and service centers, creation of small industrial zones, attracting of bank loans and private foreign investment;
- reduction of subvention districts and cities, expansion of the revenue base of local budgets through accelerated development of industries and the service sector;
- further development and modernization of production, engineering, communications and social infrastructure of territories in order to create favorable conditions for industrial and other production facilities, extensive development of private entrepreneurship and improving the living conditions of the population.
V. Priority areas in the field of security, inter-ethnic harmony and religious tolerance, as well as the implementation of balanced, mutually beneficial and constructive foreign policy
4.1. Consistent increase in real income and job creation:
- increase in real income and purchasing power of the population, reduction of low-income families and the gap of incomes;
- gradual raising of salaries of budget financed organizations, pensions, stipends and social allowances in the amount higher than the inflation rate;
- creating jobs and ensuring the rational employment, especially for graduates of secondary and higher educational institutions, and ensuring the balance and development of infrastructure of labor market, reducing unemployment;
- creating conditions for working population to implement their abilities and business skills, raising the level of manpower, extending the system of vocational training, retraining and advancing the qualification of people in need of work.
4.2. Improving the social security system and health care, improving the socio-political activity of women:
- providing of mandatory social guarantees to the population, strengthening of social protection of vulnerable populations, and state support for the elderly and persons with disabilities, improvement of social services, development of public-private partnership in the provision of social services;
- further reform of health care, especially primary health care, first aid and emergency medical services, aimed at improving the availability and quality of health and social services to the population, promotion of healthy life style among the population, strengthening the material-technical base of medical institutions;
- improving the socio-political activity of women, strengthening their role in the management of the state and society, to ensure the employment of women, graduates of professional colleges, their involvement in entrepreneurial activities, further strengthening the foundations of the family;
- further implementation of comprehensive measures to promote healthy family values, maternity and childhood, greater access of mothers and children to quality health care, provide them with specialized and high-tech health care, reduction of infant and child mortality;
- further development and improvement of medical and social assistance to pensioners, the disabled, single elderly and other vulnerable groups to ensure they have full life;
- further development of the pharmaceutical industry and providing the population and health care institutions with affordable, high-quality medicines and medical products, the implementation of measures to prevent unjustified rise in prices;
- ensuring reduction in morbidity of the population and increasing life expectancy.
4.3. Implementation of targeted programs to build affordable housing, development and modernization of road transport, engineering, communications and social infrastructure, ensuring the improvement of living conditions of the population:
- further improvement of living conditions of the population, especially young families, the residents of dilapidated houses and other citizens in need of better housing by providing mortgage loans on preferential terms and construction of affordable housing in urban and rural areas;
- improving of municipal services, provision of clean drinking water in rural areas through the construction of new water pipelines, consistent introduction of modern cost-effective and efficient technologies;
- ensuring environmental safety, construction and modernization of recycling of household waste, strengthening their logistical base, providing the population with modern waste management facilities;
- radical improvement of the transport service, increase passenger safety and reduction of harmful emissions into the atmosphere, acquisition of new comfortable buses, construction and reconstruction of bus stations;
- further construction and reconstruction of road infrastructure, particularly the development of regional roads, overhaul and repair of off-farm rural roads, streets in settlements;
- improve access to electricity through construction of new and modernization of existing electricity generation capacity, upgrading of low-voltage power grids and transformer substations, as well as the implementation of measures to improve the provision of population with other fuel and energy resources and increasing the use of renewable energy sources;
- development and improvement of the activities of theaters, cultural and educational institutions and museums, strengthening their material and technical base.
4.4. Development of education and science:
- continuation of the line of further improving the system of continuous education, increasing access to quality education, training of qualified personnel in accordance with the modern needs of the labor market;
- implementing targeted measures to strengthen the material-technical base of educational institutions by construction, reconstruction and repair, equipping with modern teaching and laboratory equipment, computers, teaching aids;
- expansion of the network of preschool educational institutions and radical improvement of the conditions in these facilities for a comprehensive intellectual, aesthetic and physical development of children, ensure affrodability, and a significant increase in enrollment in pre-school education, raising the level of qualification of teachers and specialists;
- radical improvement of the quality of general secondary education, in-depth study of foreign languages, computer science, and other important and popular disciplines, including mathematics, physics, chemistry, biology;
- construction of new, reconstruction of the existing of children’s sports facilities and children’s music and art schools with a view to the involvement of children in mass sports, introducing them to the world of music and art;
- improvement in the training and employment of students of professional colleges on specialties that meet the requirements of the market economy and the needs of employers;
- improving the quality and effectiveness of higher education institutions through introduction of international standards of training and assessment of the quality of teaching, gradual increase in admission quota in higher educational institutions;
- stimulating research and innovation, creation of effective mechanisms for the implementation of scientific and innovative achievements into practice, creation of scientific and experimental specialized laboratories, high-tech centers, industrial parks at universities and research institutes.
4.5. Improving the state youth policy:
- upbringing of physically healthy, spiritually and intellectually developed, independently thinking youth, dedicated to homeland with solid views of life, improving their social activity in democratic reforms and development of civil society;
- employment and engaging to private entrepreneurship of graduates of secondary specialized, vocational and higher educational institutions;
- support and realization of creative and intellectual potential of the younger generation, promoting a healthy lifestyle among children and youth, their involvement in healthy lifestyle and sports;
- social protection of the youth, creating decent housing, and social conditions for young families;
- arrangement of effective work of public and administrative authorities, educational institutions, youth and other organizations in implementation of state youth policy.
5.1. Priority areas in the field of security, religious tolerance and inter-ethnic harmony:
- protection of the constitutional order, sovereignty and territorial integrity of the Republic of Uzbekistan;
- improving the system of information security and protection of information, timely and adequate countering of threats in the information sphere;
- strengthening civil, inter-ethnic, inter-religious peace and harmony;
- strengthening the state’s defense capacity, increasing the combat capability and military efficiency of the Armed Forces of the Republic of Uzbekistan;
- prevention of environmental problems, causing damage to the environment, health and gene pool of the population;
- improving the system of prevention and liquidation of emergency situations.
5.2. Priority areas in the implementation of balanced, mutually beneficial and constructive foreign policy:
- strengthening the independence and sovereignty of the state, further strengthening the place and role of the country as a full subject of international relations, joining the ranks of developed democratic states, creation of a security, stability and good neighborliness belt around Uzbekistan;
- strengthening the international image of the Republic of Uzbekistan, making available to the international community of the objective information on the ongoing reforms in the country;
- improvement of the legal framework of foreign policy and foreign economic activity of the Republic of Uzbekistan, as well as the legal basis for international cooperation;
- resolving issues of delimitation and demarcation of the state border of the Republic of Uzbekistan.